- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, saute chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Add onion, celery and pepper; saute until crisp-tender. Add picante sauce, lemon-pepper and salt if desired; simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Picante Chicken
Sort By :
I enjoyed how easy this recipe was and the chicken was flavorful. I used a store brand salsa instead of picante and I think next time I will season the chiken with salt and pepper before I brown it. Great recipe. Thank you.