Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad
Meet the Cook: Since our family likes things spicy, I often add a fresh jalapeno pepper to this salad. It's a simple, savory way to use up leftover chicken. Plus, it's so eye-catching, it could double as the main dish and the table centerpiece!
-Krista Shumway, Billings, Montana
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken,
- broccoli, tomato, cheese, onion and peppers; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with
- tortillas. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot