Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken, broccoli, tomato, cheese, onion and peppers; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortillas. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad
Sort By :
I modify this recipe by using 1/2 roasted red sweet pepper, omitting the green pepper, and reducing the broccoli to 1 cup. I place the chicken mixture on top of room temperature tortillas, roll them up and slice them into three sections and chill before serving.
Super easy, tasty and even the kids like veggies this way.
My husband and family really like this salad even as a main course. Anyone I have ever made this for really likes it also. I often triple or quadruple the batch and we will have it for lunches for the week!
My husband and I really love this chicken salad.