Meet the Cook: Since our family likes things spicy, I often add a fresh jalapeno pepper to this salad. It's a simple, savory way to use up leftover chicken. Plus, it's so eye-catching, it could double as the main dish and the table centerpiece! -Krista Shumway, Billings, Montana
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken, broccoli, tomato, cheese, onion and peppers; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortillas. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad in Country Woman July/August 1999, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Picante Broccoli Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review