Picante Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce or salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with picante sauce, green pepper, onion and olives.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 330 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1108mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Picante Biscuit Bake
"My family loves this. I add cooked hamburger to this recipe about mid-way thru the baking."
"So very, very yummy!!!!! Makes enough for left overs which are just as good if not better!"
"Another great camping recipe. Few ingredients, one pan and best of all it tastes great!"
"Well, that's if you want to make it pizza style for a variation."
"In response to punkinseed~The Mexican flavored casserole uses Monterey Jack cheese.The Pizza variation uses Mozzarella cheese.Different flavor cheeses for different ethnicities!"
"OOPS.... It says Mozzarella at the top and Jack on the recipe. It should be Mozzarella me thinks."
"this sounds so good and I agree adding a little ground turkey or hamburger would be good as well but for people who choose not to eat meat I rate it excellent.I will definitly make this dish!!"
"Re: Picante Biscuit Bake--you can add ground turkey, beef, or pork. Cook it separately then add it when you add the cheese."
"The cheese is the real culprit. 2 cups is quite a lot. You could probably use just one and still have a great recipe. I bet this would be good with pizza toppings, too."
"High in fat and sodium. I'm sure you could cut the fat grams by using low-fat biscuits. I've never purchased low-sodium picante sauce but if you made the sauce/salsa at home you could reduce the sodium."