Picante Biscuit Bake Recipe
This tasty Mexican-flavored casserole calls for just six convenient ingredients, so it's a breeze to put together. To make it heartier, you can add a pound of browned ground beef. Or try a pizza variation using pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. It's sure to be a hit with all ages. -Lanita Anderson, Jacksonville, North Carolina
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce or salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with picante sauce, green pepper, onion and olives.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,108 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC