- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the picante sauce, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 3 cups to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Picante Beef Roast
Sort By :
Used a 2-1/2 lb chuck roast which I cut in half, rolled in flour, salt & pepper and seared. Popped it into the crock, poured the sauce on top and cooked for 8 hours on low. It literally fell apart! We really liked the gravy too. Served it w/ roasted potatoes, carrots and onions on the side. Will definitely make again.
This was good...not as spicey as I expected though. If you like it hot I'd use hot picante and more taco spice.
This was simple to put together and made a great Sunday dinner.
Super easy ..super delicious!!!
Slow cooker meals are already easy but this is probably the easiest ever! And it is absolutely delicious! The gravy is great on potatoes as well!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >