For a hearty hot dip that's both sweet and savory, try this recipe from Lisa Revell of Vernon, New Jersey. "The unusual combination of ingredients makes this snack great," Lisa informs.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/4 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the water, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20
- minutes; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients. Cover and simmer
- for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with chips. Yield:
- 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 97 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.