- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/4 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the water, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Picadillo Dip in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Picadillo Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review