Phyllo-Wrapped Halibut Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute spinach and red pepper until tender. Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper and lemon juice. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Layer remaining phyllo over first sheet, brushing each sheet with butter. Cut stack in half widthwise.
- 3. Place a halibut fillet in the center of each square; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and spinach mixture. Fold sides and bottom edge over fillet and roll up to enclose it; trim end of phyllo if necessary. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining lemon pepper.
- 4. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 330 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Phyllo-Wrapped Halibut
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.