Phyllo-Wrapped Halibut Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute spinach and red pepper until tender. Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper and lemon juice. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Layer remaining phyllo over first sheet, brushing each sheet with butter. Cut stack in half widthwise.
- Place a halibut fillet in the center of each square; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and spinach mixture. Fold sides and bottom edge over fillet and roll up to enclose it; trim end of phyllo if necessary. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining lemon-pepper.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Phyllo-Wrapped Halibut
Sort By :
This was simple yet elegant. Delish, It makes it hard to pay the $$ at a high end restaurant when you can make this at home. My husband suggested using salmon or grouper.
The best!! It is a "fancy restaurant" quality meal that you can make at home! To speed up preparation, I use frozen spinach (thawed and drained) and roasted red peppers from a jar and it is still great!
My family just loves this dish and we aren't spinach people, but wow! One of our favorites!
If you love fish you must try this! A great recipe. I have used blue gill, crappe and cod
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >