Phyllo Shrimp with Dipping Sauces Recipe
- 12 uncooked large shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- SWEET CILANTRO LIME SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- SPICY MAYONNAISE:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stack six sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush top sheet with butter. Cut into 12 strips from long side.
- 2. Place one shrimp on each strip; roll up. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro lime sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili paste. Serve sauces with shrimp. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 shrimp appetizer with about 1 teaspoon cilantro sauce and 1/2 teaspoon spicy mayonnaise equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer