Phyllo Shrimp with Dipping Sauces Recipe
- 12 uncooked large shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- SWEET CILANTRO LIME SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- SPICY MAYONNAISE:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stack six sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush top sheet with butter. Cut into 12 strips from long side.
- Place one shrimp on each strip; roll up. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro lime sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili paste. Serve sauces with shrimp. Yield: 1 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Phyllo Shrimp with Dipping Sauces
Sort By :
Who knew~that Phyllo and Shrimp would make such a fun, crunchy, yummy delight. Dip needs a little tweeking though.