Phyllo Fruit Tart Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush evenly with butter-oil mixture. Repeat with seven more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer and stacking on previous sheet. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with waxed paper to prevent it from drying out.)
- 2. Place phyllo dough on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Gently spread over cooled crust. Arrange fruits over cream cheese layer; drizzle with chocolate. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Phyllo Fruit Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.