Phyllo Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Brush sides and bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with some of the melted butter. Place one sheet of phyllo in bottom of dish; lightly brush with butter. Repeat with five more sheets of phyllo. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, bacon, broccoli and cheese; spread evenly over phyllo in baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Cover filling with one sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough. Brush top with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 373 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.