Phyllo Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Brush sides and bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with some of the melted butter. Place one sheet of phyllo in bottom of dish; lightly brush with butter. Repeat with five more sheets of phyllo. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, bacon, broccoli and cheese; spread evenly over phyllo in baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Cover filling with one sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough. Brush top with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Phyllo Chicken
"A wonderful casserole! Great to give friends/family needing a great meal! Kids even love it!"
"Yum!!! Didn't have chicken so I doubled the bacon and made it for my family for dinner. We all loved it, the phyllo crust is so light and flaky, and the creamy filling was great too! Reminded me of a frittata surrounded by delicious crust!"
"Sooooooo delicious! My husband and I made this for dinner but we used mushrooms, goat cheese, spinach and heavy whipping cream with only two eggs. Extremely flavorful and flaky' definitely one to remember"
"My husband and I loved this recipe. I will be making this again."
"Phyllo Chicken is an amazing combination of flavors, but requires a lot of prep work. The last time I made this was before my children were born, but I can still remember the amazing taste, and need to make it again!"
"This is comfort food at it's best. This may take a little time with the phyllo dough, but it's worth the extra effort."
"I served this casserole at a family gathering and everyone thought it was very good. I did add a tablespoon and a half of fresh, chopped tarragon. This would make a very nice brunch entree."
"I made it just like the recipe and it turned out perfect. Tastes great and looks just like the photo. Took more than 15 minutes to prepare - but it was well worth the time."
"When I made this Chicken Phyllo I omitted the bacon because I didn't have it on hand. I used cooked, cubed, red potato and my husband said it was the best Chicken Pot Pie he ever had. To me it tasted like a nice breakfast. Imagine using ham, potato and cheese...Mmmmmm"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.