- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Divide beef among rolls. Top with vegetables and cheese; replace roll tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine bouillon and water; cook until heated through. Serve as a dipping sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Philly Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
This is my go to recipe when I have a large crowd to feed.... it's very quick and easy, so I don't have to spend to much time in the kitchen.
This was quick and easy to make. I bought roast beef from the deli which made it easy to prepare. My family really enjoyed dinner and asked to add this recipe to our menu.