Philly Steak Sandwiches Recipe
These steaks sandwiches are hearty enough to serve for dinner as well as lunch. The beef broth used for "dunking" adds an extra-special touch.—Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Divide beef among rolls. Top with vegetables and cheese; replace roll tops.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine bouillon and water; cook until heated through. Serve as a dipping sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 517 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,180 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Philly Steak Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC