Philly Cheesesteaks Recipe
Steak in any capacity pleases my husband. Philly Cheesesteaks make a nice dinner choice or a great option instead of burgers. — Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 small green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 small sweet red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1. Freeze steak 1 hour until firm but not frozen.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and pepper sauce; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Place bun bottoms on a baking sheet, cut side up. Remove steak from freezer; cut into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add beef in batches; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 4. Layer bun bottoms with meat, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 985 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 1,702 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 65 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC