Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place crust on a 14-in. pizza pan; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beef and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Stir in the seasonings.
- 2. Spread meat mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 385 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,365 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.