Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place crust on a 14-in. pizza pan; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beef and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Stir in the seasonings.
- 2. Spread meat mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 385 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
"This is one of our favorite recipes at my house. I always use homemade dough and bake on a pampered chef round stone. My husband always has me make extra toppings because they make great subs!"
"My husband is not a pizza fan, but when I made this, he said it was fabulous. easy to prepare."