- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place crust on a 14-in. pizza pan; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beef and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Stir in the seasonings.
- Spread meat mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Sort By :
"This is one of our favorite recipes at my house. I always use homemade dough and bake on a pampered chef round stone. My husband always has me make extra toppings because they make great subs!"
"My husband is not a pizza fan, but when I made this, he said it was fabulous. Easy to prepare."