Philly Cheesesteak Bites
Here’s a deliciously downsized version of the ever-popular Philly cheesesteak. For perfect bite-size snacks, the sandwich ingredients are layered on waffle-cut fries instead of buns.
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef ribeye steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 tablespoons process cheese sauce
- Bake 18 large waffle fries according to package directions (save
- remaining fries for another use). Meanwhile, in a large skillet,
- saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Sprinkle
- with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute steak in remaining oil in batches for 45-60
- seconds or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with pepper and
- remaining salt. On each waffle fry, layer the beef, onion mixture,
- ketchup and cheese sauce. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.