Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
I top crescent roll crust with deli beef, mozzarella cheese and sauteed veggies. The quick combination offers the terrific taste of the traditional sandwich in a fun new way. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal
- perforations. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or
- until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion in oil
- and bouillon until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- Arrange beef over crust. Brush with salad dressing; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with
- green pepper mixture. Cut into 12 pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces equals 352 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.