Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal perforations. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion in oil and bouillon until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- 3. Arrange beef over crust. Brush with salad dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with green pepper mixture. Cut into 12 pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pieces : 352 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
"I had difficulty getting the "dough" to spread, but eventually got it there. This was surprisingly VERY tasty. I'm not normally a "philly" fan, but this was delicious !"
"I don't like Pillsbury crescent rolls, so I made this on a regular pizza crust. It came out great."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.