Philly Cheese Fakes Recipe
Mushrooms are the key to this twist on popular Philly steak sandwiches—a nice meatless meal option that’s tangy and tasty. —Veronica Vadakan, Portland, Oregon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, green peppers and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- 3. Divide mushroom mixture among buns and top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 344 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Philly Cheese Fakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC