Philly Cheese Fakes for Two Recipe
Mushrooms are the key to this twist on popular Philly steak sandwiches—a nice meatless meal option that’s tangy and tasty. —Veronica Vadakan, Portland, Oregon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- 3. Divide mushroom mixture between bun bottoms and top with cheese. Broil bun halves 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 344 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Philly Cheese Fakes for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC