Philly Cheese Fakes for Two Recipe
Mushrooms are the key to this twist on popular Philly steak sandwiches—a nice meatless meal option that’s tangy and tasty. —Veronica Vadakan, Portland, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- 3. Divide mushroom mixture among buns and top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 344 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC