- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Divide mushroom mixture among buns and top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Philly Cheese Fakes for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews for Philly Cheese Fakes for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2012
"Delicious!!! My husband didn't even miss the meat--well maybe just a bit. I actually prefer this to a steak sandwich."