Philly Cheese Fakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, green peppers and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Divide mushroom mixture among buns and top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Philly Cheese Fakes(7)
Sort By :
it was great ilove it
absolutely amazing! the smoked paprika is wonderful, i had never used this spice before... but it was fabulous!! I have found a new favorite meal!!
Could not find shiitake mushrooms, so I just grabbed the only fresh mushrooms we could find in our rural grocery store (don't know what kind they were). My husband wasn't a fan--the thought of a vegitarian meal was too much for him--but I though it was great! Made it for Mom too & it went over well. A creative take on an old favorite!
This is such a good recipe! My daughter, who "hates mushrooms" just loved it! She didn't know it had mushrooms in it! I would make this again in a heartbeat!
This was so good, my husband didn't even mind that it was meatless.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >