Philly Burger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (2.5 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 3 teaspoons mustard and half of the onions. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Form into four patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mushrooms, parsley and remaining Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Spread cheese mixture onto cooked patties; top with remaining onions. Grill or broil 30 seconds longer or until onions are crisp-tender. Serve on Kaiser rolls. Yield: 4 burgers.
1 each: 623 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 904mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Philly Burger
"Just a note for those that seldom broil:While you cook the meat on HI on step 3 when warming the sauce for "30 seconds" set on LOW!"
"This is a very good and quick to make burger. The only thing I would change would be to omit the mushrooms. I love mushrooms but did not feel they added anything to the overall taste of the burger."
"We LOVE these!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.