—Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (2.5 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 3 teaspoons mustard and half of the onions. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Form into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mushrooms, parsley and remaining Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Spread cheese mixture onto cooked patties; top with remaining onions. Grill or broil 30 seconds longer or until onions are crisp-tender. Serve on Kaiser rolls. Yield: 4 burgers.
Originally published as Philly Burger in Country Woman May/June 1990, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Philly Burger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review