Pheasant with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pheasant (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1. Sprinkle cavity of pheasant with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place pheasant on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting with pan juices frequently.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the berries begin to pop, stirring frequently. Stir in the orange peel. Simmer 5 minutes longer. Cover pheasant with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve sauce with pheasant. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 619 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 4g fiber), 54g protein.
Reviews for Pheasant with Cranberry Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.