- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 boneless skinless pheasant breast (about 3/4 pound), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup each julienned carrots, celery and onion
- 1 cup frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked white or wild rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and bouillon until blended. Add water; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry pheasant in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes. Add the celery, onion and peas; stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pheasant Stir-Fry
"You can never have enough pheasant recipes, this is a great one!"
"I've never reviewed a recipe before, and registered just to be able to review this one. Thank you so much Darlene!!! This was the best pheasant I ever ate, and maybe even the best stir fry, period. Marvelous!!! Thank you!!!"