Pheasant in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pheasant with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant in oil and butter on both sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, lemon juice, mustard and marjoram; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pheasant juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pheasant in Mustard Sauce(3)
Sort By :
My husband hunts so we have a freezer full of pheasant. This recipe is terrific. Definately keeping it on file for future meals.
Made it a second time and realized I didn't follow the broth measurements the first time - which was actually a good thing. This receipe will really need 1 1/2 to 2 cups of broth instead of just a 1/2 cup for the length of the simmer.
Perhaps a bit heavy on the Dijon mustard or it could just be the brand I used was very strong. Absolutely terrific and a great substitute for chicken.