Pheasant in Mustard Sauce
Until I met my husband, an avid hunter, I'd never cooked or eaten pheasant. I tried several different recipes before creating this one using our favorite ingredients.
-Joan Mihalko, Elkton, South Dakota
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pheasant with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium
- heat, brown pheasant in oil and butter on both sides, about 6-8
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, lemon juice,
- mustard and marjoram; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pheasant juices run
- clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 399 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,215 mg sodium,