Pheasant in Cream Sauce Recipe
While it sounds fancy, this dish is easy to make. And if you don’t have pheasant available, you can substitute chicken for an equally delicious main course. —Julie Anderson, Wausau, Wisconsin
- 1 pheasant or broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place pheasant in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally. Sprinkle again with paprika before serving. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC