Pheasant in Cream Sauce Recipe
While it sounds fancy, this dish is easy to make. And if you don’t have pheasant available, you can substitute chicken for an equally delicious main course. —Julie Anderson, Wausau, Wisconsin
- 1 pheasant or broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place pheasant in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally. Sprinkle again with paprika before serving. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Pheasant in Cream Sauce
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2009
"This was so tender and the flavor was excellent. I did add some chopped olives to the mixture. My husband loved it and I am giving it to my neighbors to try. Cheryl, Oklahoma"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC