Pheasant and Wild Rice Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 bacon strips, cut up
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large pheasant, halved or two small pheasants (about 4 pounds)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, place flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Place oven bag in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; add the bacon. Sprinkle rice and mushrooms over bacon. Add pheasant. Pour soup mixture into bag.
- 3. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 615 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1068mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 63g protein
Reviews for Pheasant and Wild Rice
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.