Petite Sticky Buns Recipe
Start your morning on a sweet note with these tender, maple sticky buns. They are fantastically light and airy. But be careful not to over bake, or they're difficult to get out of the pan! —Lisa Naugle, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir topping ingredients until butter is melted. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into 24 well-greased muffin cups.
- 3. Stir dough down. Fill prepared muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Place muffin cups on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto baking sheets. Transfer to serving platters. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bun equals 210 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Petite Sticky Buns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC