- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir topping ingredients until butter is melted. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into 24 well-greased muffin cups.
- Stir dough down. Fill prepared muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Place muffin cups on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto baking sheets. Transfer to serving platters. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sticky Buns in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p47
Reviews for Petite Sticky Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2014
"I'm going to try these but ... what are muffin cups? Is that a reference to a muffin baking pan, or paper cupcake cups?"
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"it looks really good!! just like what my grandma makes!!"
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"super fast,easy,and wonderful"