Petite Sticky Buns Recipe
Start your morning on a sweet note with these tender, maple sticky buns. They are fantastically light and airy. But be careful not to over bake, or they're difficult to get out of the pan! —Lisa Naugle, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook topping ingredients until butter is melted. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into 24 well-greased muffin cups.
- Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Place muffin cups on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto baking sheets. Transfer to serving platters. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sticky Buns in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p47
Reviews for Petite Sticky Buns(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2012
Excellent all the way around---easy to prepare, smell so good while baking and taste wonderful!
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
it looks really good!! just like what my grandma makes!!
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
super fast,easy,and wonderful
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Bread Recipes >