- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and crumble. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. Beat egg, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour into shells.
- Bake until browned, 28-30 minutes (for a browner bottom crust, bake on a lower rack). Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sausage Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Petite Sausage Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"I got this recipe in the magazine several years ago and have made it many times. It's easy and always a hit!"