You won't be able to eat just one of these cute mini quiches. Filled with savory sausage, Swiss cheese and a dash of cayenne, the mouthwatering morsels will disappear fast from the breakfast or buffet table.—Dawn Stitt, Hesperia, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells.
- Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes or until browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sausage Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Petite Sausage Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"I got this recipe in the magazine several years ago and have made it many times. It's easy and always a hit!"