Petite Sausage Quiches Recipe
You won't be able to eat just one of these cute mini quiches. Filled with savory sausage, Swiss cheese and a dash of cayenne, the mouthwatering morsels will disappear fast from the breakfast or buffet table.—Dawn Stitt, Hesperia, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and crumble. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. Beat egg, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour into shells.
- 3. Bake until browned, 28-30 minutes (for a browner bottom crust, bake on a lower rack). Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Petite Sausage Quiches
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"I got this recipe in the magazine several years ago and have made it many times. It's easy and always a hit!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC