- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and crumble. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. Beat egg, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour into shells.
- Bake until browned, 28-30 minutes (for a browner bottom crust, bake on a lower rack). Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sausage Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Petite Sausage Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review