You won't be able to eat just one of these cute mini quiches. Filled with savory sausage, Swiss cheese and a dash of cayenne, the mouthwatering morsels will disappear fast from the breakfast or buffet table.—Dawn Stitt, Hesperia, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells.
- Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes or until browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Petite Sausage Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Petite Sausage Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"I got this recipe in the magazine several years ago and have made it many times. It's easy and always a hit!"