Defy wintry weather and transport your guests to the tropics with these beautiful, single-serving confections. Cake mix never tasted so good!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cake layer from Angel Cake Ball Pops
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups large flaked coconut, toasted
- Cut cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a cutting board. Combine pineapple preserves and extract; set aside 3 tablespoons for frosting. Spread remaining pineapple over top of one layer. Top with remaining cake layer; cut cake into 9 squares.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spread over the top and sides of each square. Press coconut into top and sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p80
Reviews for Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review