Petite Pear Purses Recipe
The purses shaped from puff pastry make a lovely presentation. The bundles hold filled cinnamon-ginger pear filling.—Mary Cruz, Lancaster, California
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute; set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pear, pineapple, sugar, flour, ginger and cinnamon; stir in caramel mixture.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 13x12-in. rectangle. Trim two 1/2-in. strips from a long side of each rectangle. Cut each strip in half widthwise; set aside.
- 4. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 5. Spoon 2 tablespoons pear mixture into the center of each square. Bring two diagonal corners of pastry over filling and pinch together at point. Repeat with remaining two corners; then twist points together to form a purse.
- 6. Roll pastry strips into ropes; wrap loosely around the neck of each purse, twisting to secure. Brush with egg. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 424 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Petite Pear Purses
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC