Petite Pea Tomato Salad Recipe
From Aurora, Colorado, Janice Mitchell shares, "With it's bright colors this is beautiful on a holiday buffet table, but I also enjoy fixing this simple salad year-round.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sugar, salt, basil and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 131 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC