Petite Pea Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sugar, salt, basil and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 131 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Petite Pea Tomato Salad
"I've lost count how often I've made this salad since it came out in Cooking for Two in 2005, especially as a side for caring for others meals. Ingredients are few and always on hand. I am making it this Saturday for a young family with a new baby. When I looked up the recipe, I was surprised to learn no one had rated it. Try it; you'll like it!"