From Aurora, Colorado, Janice Mitchell shares, "With it's bright colors this is beautiful on a holiday buffet table, but I also enjoy fixing this simple salad year-round.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sugar, salt, basil and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Petite Pea Tomato Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 17
Reviews for Petite Pea Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review