Petite Lasagna Recipe
- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 each) equals 856 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 247 mg cholesterol, 1,400 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 59 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.