- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Petite Lasagna
"Perfect size and taste. Used homemade meat sauce & reduced fat everything else so I cut out tons of fat. No one who tries it knows I've made it better for you?Shhhh don't tell them:)"
"husband and I loved perfect size for us very flavorful 5 stars"
"This was really good. It is nice to be able to have lasagna and not have to eat leftovers for a week."
"Excellent and the perfect size for DH and I.Jenni"