Store-bought spaghetti sauce simplifies preparation of this loaf-size lasagna from Kathy Coble of Missouri City, Texas. With a salad on the side, a serving of this Italian-style casserole makes a hearty meal.
- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Petite Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p56
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Petite Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review