- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Petite Lasagna
Sort By :
husband and I loved perfect size for us very flavorful 5 stars
Easy and delicious recipe. It was the perfect amount for two people for dinner and lunch the next day.
This was really good. It is nice to be able to have lasagna and not have to eat leftovers for a week.
Excellent and the perfect size for DH and I.