Petit Pain au Chocolat Recipe
I've had this recipe for over 20 years and it's still one of my most treasured. The presentation is just fancy enough for special occasions, yet the recipe is very achievable. —Denise Wheeler, Newaygo, Mi.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons hot water
- 1. Unfold puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 10-in. square. Cut into four squares.
- 2. Place 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in the center of each square. Brush edges with egg. Fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges to seal. Brush tops with remaining egg. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pastry: 652 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Petit Pain au Chocolat
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC