Petit Four Quilt Recipe
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Pink, blue, yellow and green decorating gel or colors of your choice
- 11 inch square serving board
- Purple gift wrap
- Clear cellophane
- 1. Cover the 11-inch square board with purple gift wrap, taping the wrap on the back side of the board. Cover and the wrapped board with clear cellophane in the same way. Set the board aside.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of the pound cake to make it level. Split the cake in half horizontally. Cut each half into 20 squares.
- 3. Place a rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-inch pan. Arrange the cake squares 1/2 inch apart on the rack.
- 4. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and orange extract. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on high until smooth.
- 5. Apply the glaze evenly over the tops and sides of the squares, allowing the excess glaze to drip off. Allow the glaze to dry. Repeat if necessary to thoroughly coat the squares. Let them dry completely.
- 6. Save four of the petit fours for another use. Arrange the remaining petit fours in a square shape on the covered board as shown in the photo above.
- 7. With decorating gel, decorate the petit four to look like a Dutchman's Puzzle quilt pattern as shown in the photo. Or create another quilt pattern of your choice. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 393 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Petit Four Quilt
"This is my standby Petit Four recipe, but it does have a strong citrus flavor. I enjoy that in the small bites."