Petit Four Eggs Recipe
You need only a handful of ingredients to create these egg-ceptional Easter treats. Decorator gels make it easy to dress up the fun little desserts.——Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Decorator gels
- 1. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut cake into eggs (or other desired shapes) with a 2-1/2-in. oval cookie cutter.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and extract; beat on low speed until sugar is moistened. Beat on high until smooth.
- 4. Place petit fours on a rack with waxed paper beneath. Spoon the glaze evenly over tops and sides, letting excess drip off.
- 5. Allow glaze to set; repeat with second coat if necessary. Let stand until set. Decorate with gels. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Petit Four Eggs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC