Petit Four Eggs Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Decorator gels
- 1. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut cake into eggs (or other desired shapes) with a 2-1/2-in. oval cookie cutter.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and extract; beat on low speed until sugar is moistened. Beat on high until smooth.
- 4. Place petit fours on a rack with waxed paper beneath. Spoon the glaze evenly over tops and sides, letting excess drip off.
- 5. Allow glaze to set; repeat with second coat if necessary. Let stand until set. Decorate with gels. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Petit Four Eggs
"These turned out fabulous for me. I did freeze them before coating, as recommended in the previous review, which cut down a lot on the crumbs. I made them for my ladies Bunco group and they were a HUGE hit."
"I made these last night and I would probably freeze the eggs once I cut them out because when the frosting was put over them they had a tendency to break up a little so you couldn't use the frosting that dripped off of them over. The frosting seemed the right consistency at first but when I started using it, it became a little thicker and harder to use. The taste was good but there has to be a better way of getting the frosting on them to cover the whole thing"