Peter Pumpkin Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 drops yellow paste food coloring
- 1 drop red paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 20 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, stems removed
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the yellow and red food coloring; stir Romano cheese and food coloring into dough. Add eggs, one at a time; beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Using a star tip and reserved cream cheese mixture, pipe stems onto puffs. Add parsley sprigs. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Peter Pumpkin Cheese Puffs
Sort By :
"so cute and easy to make. the taste is excellent. i needed to keep them for a while so half of them received almond leaf inserts instead the cream cheese stems. worked perfectly and in my opinion looked better."
"I expected these to turn out dry/plain-flavored for me, but they were actually perfect (which I guess means they were hard to mess up ;). Nice and cheesy--they disappeared quickly. The parsley actually added a nice touch of flavor too, so don't leave it out!"
"Not a good combination of flavors."
"This is so cute and fun! Definitely going to make for my Halloween party this year."
"This is basically a Pâte à Choux recipe. It was a hit at my halloween happy hour. For Thanksgiving I might make them bigger and fill them with something yummy like herbed cream cheese just like a cream puff!"