Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops Recipe
Enjoy a seafood dinner that tastes special but is oh-so-easy to make. Thanks to pesto prepared in advance, this is it! —Marilyn Lustgarten, Wentzville, Missouri
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >