Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 478 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.