Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops
Enjoy a seafood dinner that tastes special but is oh-so-easy to make. Thanks to pesto prepared in advance, this is it! —Marilyn Lustgarten, Wentzville, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over
- medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or
- until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli;
- add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.