Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 478 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops
"I will be adding another bag of scallops to make it more meaty next time. It was really good, everyone had seconds. It was nice and quick too. I put like a cup or more of pesto in mine."